Escape to the past, present and future of delicious Mexican food and drinks: the place where it all began – the Fort Collins Rio, right in the heart of Old Town. Locally owned and featuring what many say is the best patio in Old Town, the Fort Collins Rio has long had a spirit all its own.
143 W. Mountain Avenue
Fort Collins, CO 80524
Jamie Zann, General Manager
*Closed on Thanksgiving, November 26th*
*Closed Christmas Eve, December 24th, and Christmas Day, December 25th*
*Regular Hours for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day*
- Sun - Wed, 11a - close (closing time varies)
- Thu - Sat, 11a - midnight
- Happy Hour: Mon - Fri, 3 - 6p
- Late Night Happy Hour: Thur, 9p - midnight
- Brunch: Sat + Sun, 11a - 4p
Contact the Manager on Duty
Online reservations available for groups of up to 8. Parties of 9 or more are managed by contacting the restaurant directly.
If an availability at your preferred time isn’t found on OpenTable, we suggest you call the restaurant at 970-224-5428 to take advantage of possible additional seating or last minute cancellations.
Happy Hour (Mon - Fri, 3-6p): $1 off Classic Rio Margs, Big Tex Margs, Ricky’s. $3 drafts, Tecate Cans, shots of Cuervo Cinge. $1 off small plates menu. $3 tacos.
Thursday Late Night Happy Hour (Thu, 9p - midnight): $4 Classic Rio Margs, $4 Half Quesadillas, $2 Cuervo shots
Salsa Dancing on Tuesdays. Salsa Sambrosa and Mile High Dance Productions bring Salsa Dancing to the Rio's Agave Room every Tuesday night! Lessons begin at 7:30 p.m., followed by open dance from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Entry is $5 per person and all levels are welcome.
1st Tuesday of Every Month. Live music with the Manabi Salsa Band! Rio party with the Rio bar! Entry is $10 per person.
- Movember Collaboration with Black Bottle Brewery: For the month of November, the Fort Collins Rio partnered with Black Bottle to offer a special brew! Try the 'Don't be a Bic' brew, a Pomegranate Kolsch, and 100% of the proceeds from the brew sold at Rio will be donated to the Movember Foundation. Donate to the Rio Team this Movember at: http://moteam.co/team-rio-grande
Memorably Good Times Start at the Rio’s Agave Room. The Agave Room is a beautiful historic ballroom right in downtown Fort Collins located on the second floor above The Rio. A local favorite, we are proud to host everything from intimate private parties to entire ballroom weddings. The Agave Room is the perfect event space for your next special occasion with accommodations for between 30 and 250 guests. Add in some seriously good Mexican food, fun, and margaritas, and your private event will be complete.
For information or to book a private event, please contact: